Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Program in Mile End & Salisbury Adelaide
Did you know 1 in 20 (1.3 million) Australians are living with Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM)? If this is you, we are here to help!
Our goal at PhysioWest is to educate and support you to manage the condition effectively. Our multi- disciplinary team will enable you to improve your health & wellbeing, keep track of your physical goals, and assist you to continue living the life you want.
We will guide you through the process with education, coaching and motivation to see you reach your goals!
Support & Our Difference
So how can I receive support with managing my T2DM?
In Australia, GPs, nurse practitioners and practice nurses can provide you with a diabetes care plan (a type of Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plan). This enables you to have;
- Up to 5 visits with a range of allied health professionals including; exercise physiologists, diabetes educators, podiatrists and dieticians.
- Additionally, you will also receive a comprehensive 1:1 initial assessment with our exercise physiologist AND 8 group exercise sessions per calendar year to kickstart your T2DM management.
Why is seeing an exercise physiologist different than simply going to the gym?
- Exercise physiologists are university qualified professionals.
- They have the knowledge and skills to manage chronic health conditions using the latest research evidence.
- They have experience in screening and assessing your capacity.
- They will guide you through the process with education, coaching and motivation to see you reach your goals!
YOUR JOURNEY WITH US
• INITIAL ASSESSMENT WITH EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST GOAL SETTING/PLAN
• OUTLINE/EDUCATION INTRODUCTION TO GROUP CLASSES
• 1-2X WEEKLY GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES ONGOING COACHING AND GUIDANCE BUILD
• FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY/STRENGTH/ENDURANCE
• REVIEW WITH EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST CONSOLIDATE ACTIVE LIFESTYLE LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST
So how do I get on one of these plans?
Simple! Follow 3 easy steps: