Everyone longs to be healthy and happy. After all, what is the point in working hard towards a long and healthy life if you cannot enjoy it? Focusing on achieving a healthy lifestyle by regularly exercising and eating nutritional foods is fantastic for your body, but it is also important to practice good mental health and emotional health.
Balanced living means achieving optimal health in all aspects of your life: relationships, work, fitness, health, and emotional happiness.
We all get so caught up in work and family responsibilities, that we forget to make time for ourselves. Making time for yourself is necessary so that you can carry out all your responsibilities. Think of a battery for just a moment. Eventually all batteries get run down, and so will yours. Recharging your body physically and mentally and enjoying some “you time”, is the best thing you can do!
Being happy gives you a better outlook on life and this will prepare you to excel in everyday activities. Stress keeps you from enjoying life and can have a negative influence on your health.
Make the time to take care & love yourself!
- Set a time each week to de-stress yourself from your busy lifestyle. Spend a few minutes to relax each day. This could be something as simple as breathing exercises.
- Wake up and get out of bed a few minutes earlier than normal to take part in some quiet time before you start your day. This could be some time to sip on a delicious cup of tea.
- Make everyday tasks more fun – take an aromatherapy soak/bath instead of a quick shower, listen to calming and peaceful music or try cooking new recipes.
- Schedule time each week to do a hobby that you love or even start a new one like art classes or yoga. Hobbies like these are rather stimulating and rewarding.
Most importantly, do not forget to laugh, it is great for your health and can help to…
- Relieve stress
- Boost brain health
- Improve your mood
Choose to exercise and do something that you like doing and will look forward to doing. Exercise is not something that you should force yourself to do, because you will not be likely to stick with it and will be tempted to skip it from time to time. Remember team, exercise plays an important role in a healthy lifestyle, so make the time and motivate yourself to move better by…
- Incorporating a good, long workout on your weekends. This could include hitting the gym or even getting out to do a fun activity, like a hike, bike ride or a friendly game of tennis.
Make the time to eat right!
Eating the right diet will keep your body healthy, provide you with energy and enhance your spirit. Nutritional foods can be delicious, and it can be so much fun to learn new recipes and cook healthy meals.
- Search the Internet for heart-healthy recipes, or buy a cookbook focused on quick and tasty cuisine.
- Buy fresh, ready-to-eat fruits and vegetables so that you can grab them on the go.
- Plan your healthy meals for the week ahead and buy all the groceries that you will need; having a system will help you resist those naughty treats constantly!
To sum it up, eat well, be active and think positive! Everything in moderation!! Everything in moderation means that there is a healthy balance to your life, so laugh, love, live, and be healthy.
With Love – Natalie Xx