Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Program in Mile End & Salisbury Adelaide
Did you know 1 in 20 (1.3 million) Australians are living with Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM)? If this is you, we are here to help!
Our goal at PhysioWest is to educate and support you to manage the condition effectively. Our multi- disciplinary team will enable you to improve your health & wellbeing, keep track of your physical goals, and assist you to continue living the life you want.
Support & Our Difference
So how can I receive support with managing my T2DM?
In Australia, GPs, nurse practitioners and practice nurses can provide you with a diabetes care plan (a type of Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plan). This enables you to have;
- Up to 5 visits with a range of allied health professionals including; exercise physiologists, diabetes educators, podiatrists and dieticians.
- Additionally, you will also receive a comprehensive 1:1 initial assessment with our exercise physiologist AND 8 group exercise sessions per calendar year to kickstart your T2DM management.
Why is seeing an exercise physiologist different than simply going to the gym?
- Exercise physiologists are university qualified professionals.
- They have the knowledge and skills to manage chronic health conditions using the latest research evidence.
- They have experience in screening and assessing your capacity.
- They will guide you through the process with education, coaching and motivation to see you reach your goals!
YOUR JOURNEY WITH US
• INITIAL ASSESSMENT WITH EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST GOAL SETTING/PLAN
• OUTLINE/EDUCATION INTRODUCTION TO GROUP CLASSES
• 1-2X WEEKLY GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES ONGOING COACHING AND GUIDANCE BUILD
• FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY/STRENGTH/ENDURANCE
• REVIEW WITH EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST CONSOLIDATE ACTIVE LIFESTYLE LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST
So how do I get on one of these plans?
Simple! Follow 3 easy steps: