If you have suffered a stroke, physiotherapy can play an important role in your recovery. The main focus of physiotherapy after your stroke is to help you learn to use both sides of your body again and regain as much strength and movement as possible. Common symptoms include weakness or numbness or paralysis of the face, arm or leg on either or both sides of the body, slurred speech or difficulty understanding what someone is saying and dizziness, loss of balance, or an unexplained fall.
How can PhysioWest help?
Physiotherapy can help in the recovery process. Book a 30 minute consultation with one of our experienced physiotherapists today. Together you can discuss your symptoms, and have a treatment plan personalised for you. Treatment options may include massage, electrical treatment or an exercise program designed to maximise your strength, balance and mobility. Read more about physiotherapy techniques here.
Tips for recovery
- Practise the exercises your therapist has set you.
- Keep to a routine of exercising at a regular time each day.
- Remember, the more you do the better, so try to exercise every day or at least three times a week.
- Use a notebook to remind you what you need to do and record your progress.
- Take steps to keep to a sensible weight.
- Join an exercise group to meet and be encouraged by other people.
Book an appointment today