LivePhysio is our secure online “Telehealth” Physiotherapy service, where we connect with you from the comfort of your home to help relieve your pain and achieve your goals. From the 14th April 2020 you will be able to claim one on one services using your private health insurance
The PhysioWest team have been running our LivePhysio Telehealth sessions since 2017 for clients all over Australia with a wide range of conditions. Research has shown that online consultations are a suitable alternative to hands on consultations for many musculoskeletal based pain, injury and rehab. What we love most about the online physio consultations is how empowering they are for you the client.
So what is Telehealth and how does online physio work?
Essentially, Telehealth is a video consult that you can participate in from the comfort of your own home. Much like a face to face physio consult at PhysioWest, we will listen to your story, assess the way you move, and agree on a clear plan to get you feeling great and moving better.
Check out the video below to see how it works.
These consults include 1:1 sessions and virtual classes tailored to your needs. The PhysioWest team is experienced in delivering:
- Injury Management Sessions to rehab a specific issue
- “Stay Active” Exercise Sessions to build a healthy an active mindset and lifestyle
- Online Classes to keep you active and sociable with a community of like-minded clients.
- Home Work-station Ergonomic Assessments to set you up safely to work from home
- “Self-Care” Sessions to educate on deep breathing, self massage strategies and stretching routines
LivePhysio is ideal for people who:
- Would like to save time, avoid traffic and have the convenience of expert healthcare in their own home
- Are unable to attend the clinic location due to extenuating circumstances
- Would like access to the best physiotherapists who may not be available in the area they live
- Don’t like the physical touch involved in an in-person session
- Have restrictions, such as injury or disability, which prevent them from travelling
- Have been given a diagnosis, but would like an expert second opinion
- Live overseas or in a rural or remote area
We have successfully treated people with conditions such as:
- Knee pain – osteoarthritis, tendon pain, bursitis and post-surgical rehab
- Shoulder pain – bursitis, rotator cuff tears and impingement
- Lower back pain – disc bulges, muscle spasm and sciatic nerve issues
- Neck pain – disc herniation, cervical spondylosis, cervical pain
- Hip pain – hip bursitis (trochanteric bursitis), hip flexor pain and hip arthritis
- Chronic pain
- Muscle weakness
Not tech savvy?
We completely understand. Our team will walk you through the process step by step before the consult, so you can make the most of your time with your Physio.
Is it secure?
We are glad you asked! Each LivePhysio session has a unique meeting ID and password, enhancing the privacy and security of your information.
Our goal is to educate and empower our community to stay strong, active, healthy and safe now more than ever.