Do you suffer from chronic neck stiffness and pain?
Many of us do, but you don’t need to suffer any longer!
Neck pain is a significant health problem with 1 in 2 people experiencing neck pain at least once in their lifetime, according to a 2016 worldwide review. Neck pain is often recurrent and of non-specific in nature. With most of us gazing at computers or staring down at our smart devices most of the day, it’s safe to say that stiff and painful necks are not going to go away.
So what can you do about it?
Here are three easy things you can do that will help:
- Put your computer monitor at eye level and sit up straight to avoid tilting and twisting your head down or to the side while you are on the computer.
- When looking at your smart device, be sure to take frequent breaks and avoid having your neck bent in any one position for long periods of time
- The key to relief for a stiff neck is proper and regular stretching. So try doing these simple exercises as often as you can:
- Roll your shoulders backwards and down, hold for 10 seconds, relax, repeat 5 times
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together, hold for 10 seconds, relax, repeat 5 times
- Push your head backwards into car head rest or hands, hold 10 seconds, repeat 5 times
- Bring your ear to your shoulder, hold for 10 seconds, repeat 5 times.
- Book a head and shoulders massage and feel the relief
We would love to help you get to the bottom of your neck pain. Book online today or call 8352 3582 and make an appointment.
Blog prepared by: Alan Quek (Remedial Massage Therapist)